Language: en, de
lernOS is an open system for lifelong learning and learning organisations. The functioning of lernOS is described in openly available guides. lernOS can be easily practised as individual, in a team or in the whole organisation.
If you start as a single person, we recommend that you start together in a Circle (4-5 persons) or at least in a learning tandem (2 persons). You can easily find like-minded people in the lernOS Community CONNECT, where you can also find the lernOS Circlefinder.
The lernOS Quick-Start-Guide (only German) provides a quick introduction into the topic and the most important concepts of lernOS (Download as PDF, PPT).
With the lernOS Web-Presentation (only German) you can easily present lernOS at events, barcamps, meetups, conferences, departmental rounds, regular meetings etc.
Constant change and our future well-being require continuous learning. Lifelong learning as well as learning in teams and organisations ensures a good future for all of us (see also OECD Learning Compass 2030).
What is lernOS?
With lernOS it is like with the blind men and the elephant: seen from different angles, lernOS means different things. The most important angles are:
- Open system for lifelong learning and learning organizations
- Brainware … not software!
- Verb in Esperanto, I/we will learn (mi/ni lernos)
- Project of the Cogneon Academy that runs from 2016-2022
Der lernOS Core stellt Leitfäden auf den Ebenen Individuum, Team und Organisation bereit. Die lernOS Inhalte können in verschiedenen Formaten und Sprachen heruntergeladen werden. Der lernOS Core besteht aus drei Leitfäden:
The lernOS Core provides guides on the levels individual, team and organisation. The lernOS content can be downloaded in different formats and languages. The lernOS Core consists of three guides:
- lernOS für Dich - The Art of Selfdirected, Lifelong Learning (PDF)
- lernOS für Teams (noch nicht verfügbar)
- lernOS für Organisationen (only German) - Gemeinsam Lernende Organisationen entwickeln (PDF)
The lernOS Toolbox provides further guides to proven tools and methods that promote good knowledge management. Currently available:
- lernOS Barcamp (only German) - WE bring the Structure, YOU bring the Content! (PDF)
- lernOS Community Management (only German) - Soziales Lernen im Netzwerk (PDF)
- lernOS Expert Debriefing (only German) (PDF)
- lernOS Podcasting (only German) - Wissen teilen mit Podcasts (PDF)
- lernOS Prozessmodellierung (only German) - If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process,you don’t know what you’re doing (PDF)
- lernOS Sketchnoting (PDF)
On CONNECT there is an overview of contact persons and other guides/learning paths that are currently being worked on.
Videos, Podcasts, Blogs etc.
lernOS has already been discussed in many lectures, discussions, podcasts, blogs etc. A small selection:
- Talk lernOS - Hacking How We Learn - Lifelong
- Chapter lernOS als Betriebssystem für die Arbeit der Zukunft by Simon Dückert in Faszination New Work: 50 Impulse für die neue Arbeitswelt (de)
- Podcast Lebenslanges Lernen mit lernOS im Klartext HR Podcast (de)
- Talk lernOS – Lebenslanges Lernen und Aufbau digitaler Kompetenzen für alle Bürger (de)
- Talk lernOS in a Nutshell bei der GfWM Regionalgruppe Frankfurt-Rhein-Main (de)
- Talk Learning Organization - State of the Union - von lernOS, GTD, OKR, PKM, WOL & Co. (de)
- lernOS All Stars Camp 2020 (de)
- lernOS Rockstars Camp 2019 (de)
- Blog Die 13 wichtigsten Unterschiede zwischen lernOS und WOL (de)
- Podcast lernOS on Air (de)
- lernOS Community Call (first friday per month) (de)
lernOS Supporter are organisations that support the application and further development of lernOS. Every lernOS supporter receives a seat in the lernOS Advisory Board (€ 1.000,- per year, participation in 3 advisory board meetings) and can support, shape and actively participate in the development. Organisations can become lernOS supporters at any time (contact Cogneon).
Current lernOS Supporter:
- DATEV (until June 2020), represented by Knut Eckstein
- Ernst & Young (EY) (until June 2021), represented by Alessa Münch
- Life insurance from 1871 (until June 2021), represented by Alexander Rose
- SAP (until June 2021), represented by Thomas Jenewein
- Siemens Heathineers (until June 2021), represented by Thao Nguyen
- Telekom (until June 2021), represented by Winfried Ebner
lernOS is available as free cultural work under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY). According to the Open Definition you can freely access, modify and share the content.
Where can I find the DOCX, HTML, MOBI and EPUB files for the guides?
In the web version of the guide, click on the link to the GitHub repository in the upper right corner. There you will find the files in the folder for the respective language version (e.g. de, en).
Can I read the lernOS guides on an e-book reader like the Kindle?
Yes, on GitHub, the guides are available in EPUB and Mobipocket format. E.g. on Kindle you just need to send the mobi file to the Kindle’s email address (shown in the settings). For e-book management software like Calibre, you can simply drag and drop the epub file to add it.
Can I use and modify lernOS content?
Yes, you can and we even want you to do that! For this reason lernOS is released under the Creative Commons License CC BY 4.0. You can download, use and modify the content. You can use lernOS content in private and commercial contexts.
Can I offer commercial products and services with lernOS in the name?
No. Individual products and services must not contain the term “lernOS” in their name (e.g. “lernOS Lernwerkstatt”). This is like Open Source Webbrowser Chromium, whose source code anyone can use. Products based on it must have a different name (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Flock, Brave).
Note: Links to books and products on this site may be affiliate links.