Kata 14 (Video Sketching)
Kata 14: Videosketching
Used in Week 5
Agree on a video that you want to sketch together live. We recommend something under 10 minutes, maybe an episode of “Sendung mit der Maus” (informative German kids’ tv show). If you meet online, try to set up your cameras to show your sketchnotes.
In the weekly:
Watch the video together and sketch the content. Then compare your sketchnotes.
- Which layout did you choose why?
- Were you able to implement the layout as planned?
- Does the result correspond to your plan?
- Is the layout understandable for the others?
- What would you do differently next time?
- Are you missing a layout idea on the cheat sheet?
Video suggestions for live sketching
In English with German subtitles:
- Where does the German national flag come from? I musstewissen kompakt (3:36min)
- How do the stripes get into the toothpaste? – Factual stories with Armin Maiwald (4:34min)
- "Die Sendung mit der Maus" – noodle production (factual stories) 1976 (5:07min)
- To recognize which layout supports video sketching.
- To reflect on your approach to creating a sketchnote.